Being an Author

Being an Author

Since earning my doctorate, I have published three books. The first was my dissertation, as expected. My dissertation was a study of the school at which I currently teach; it is titled Bridging Aesthetics and Community:  A Story of a Successful School. A few years after that, a fellow doctoral classmate approached me to co-author a book. Surprisingly, we sent the manuscript to four companies and were offered a contract by all four. The book, published by Routledge because of its international connections, is titled What Schools Don’t Teach: 20 Ways to Help Students Excel in School and Life. Chapter topics include: Promote Leadership ~ Allow Competition ~ Help Boys Become Readers ~ Inspire Creativity ~ Encourage Meaningful Engagement ~ Help Students Find Their Voices ~ Incorporate Edutainment and Pop Culture ~ Motivate Towards Excellence ~ Hold Students Accountable and Responsible ~ Foster Perseverance and the Ability to Learn from Failure ~ Don’t Childproof Education ~ Instill Vigor ~ Model Flexibility ~ Create Kids of Character ~ Integrate Technology ~ Promote Teamwork ~ Teach Effective Communication ~ Instruct the Individual ~ Authenticate Relationships ~ Merge the Real World into the Classroom.

Routledge requested we compose a second book, so within eight months of the first we completed the second; it is titled From School Administrator to School Leader: 15 Keys to Maximizing Your Leadership Potential. Chapter topics include: Know Your Leadership Style ~ Develop Your Strengths ~ Develop Those You Lead ~ Be a Leader, Not Just a Manager ~ Find Your Voice ~ Influence School Culture ~ Be Accountable to Those You Lead ~ Communicate Effectively ~ Lead with Wisdom ~ Becoming Resilient and Persevering ~ Lead with EQ vs IQ ~ Balance Your Personal and Professional Life ~ Be Flexible, Adaptable, and Creative ~ Respond Effectively to Crisis ~ Know When to Seek Help.

Being an author has been a wonderful journey. I look forward to more publications as the years progress.

What Schools Don’t Teach: 20 Ways to Help Students Excel in School and Life 1st Edition

From School Administrator to School Leader (Eye on Education) 1st Edition

Back To Top
Skip to toolbar